What are the fastest ways to get a Green Card in the US?
1. Marriage – When you marry a US Citizen, you can have your Green Card in a matter of months. Family members of U.S. citizens have access to an unlimited number of visas, and as a result, get theirs the soonest. Now while people marry for a number of reasons, to address that age old question, “should I marry for love or marry for money?”, just make sure make sure you don’t marry for a Green Card! The US government has many ways of judging whether your marriage is real including an interview with a whole series of question to see if your love is real. Assuming it is however this is probably one of the shortest and most reliable way to becoming a lawful permanent resident and now, it is even available to same-sex couples!
2. Extraordinary Ability – For you overachievers out there, this is a great way to a green card which allows you to self-petition. If you have excelled in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics and can prove it with award, prestige or international acclaim, this may be for you. EB-1A visas (aliens of extraordinary ability) provide an opportunity for green card for foreign nationals who have risen to the top of their field. This visa category allows people with extraordinary ability in business, sciences, athletics or the arts to obtain Permanent Residency in the United States. There is also a temporary version of this visa called the O-1 visa. To qualify, you must submit documentation such as outstanding achievements, published papers, original contributions of major significance in your field, or other types of recognition.
Advantages of EB-1A Visas
· You can work and live in the United States permanently.
· Your employer does not need to go through the PERM labor certification process.
· A permanent job offer is not required.
· Your petition does not need to be signed by an employer.
· You can apply for family-based immigration for your spouse and children under age 21, who can accompany you on the same petition.
Generally, the government processing time for the EB-1 Visa is about 8 months. Once the EB-1 has been approved, the government takes about 6 months to issue permanent residence.
3. Asylum – Asylum is not for everyone but if you can show a well-founded fear of persecution based on race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a social group, you will get a green card and ultimately can become a US Citizen. If you do not file within a year of entry into the United States, you better have a very good reason. This office has helped many immigrants and much success in political asylum cases and we are ready to help.
4. Diversity Visa Lottery – 50,000 people, more or less, from certain nations, are able to acquire a green card through the visa lottery. Notable on the list are people with at least a high school diploma or skilled labor from nations on continents throughout the world.
In ALL of the above cases certain conditions can affect your ability to Get a Green Card Fast.
· Trouble with Law Enforcement will interfere with the green card application process and might result in deportation.
· Fraud is a no-no. Even innocent mistakes can be construed as deception. So be warned.